Modify

Opened 7 years ago

Last modified 4 years ago

#9338 new defect

madwimax (both 0.1.1 and git) doesn't work with trunk

Reported by: veox@… Owned by: developers
Priority: normal Milestone: Barrier Breaker 14.07
Component: packages Version: Trunk
Keywords: dir320 libusb madwimax Cc:

Description

With r26775 of trunk, package madwimax stops with something like:

# madwimax -vv
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 6b1d:0200
Bus 001 Device 002: ID e804:6167
Device found
Claimed interface
Continuous async read start...
bulk write error -99

This might not be an issue with madwimax, but rather go deep into the mechanisms of libusb and asynchronous bulk transfers. "-99" is a code for "LIBUSB_ERROR_OTHER".

madwimax 0.1.1 works well with Backfire (10.03, r26792), so I suppose either there were changes in the code itself or the build process (some symbols/libraries/etc. not included).

For one thing, on Backfire lsusb reports device identifier strings:

# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 04e8:6780 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd

Whereas on trunk it's just Bus/Device/ID numbers.

I cannot actively participate in debugging this issue, since the router in question (D-Link DIR-320, rev. A2) is also used by other people. The WiMAX dongle is Samsung SWC-U200.

Attachments (3)

Makefile (2.4 KB) - added by veox@… 7 years ago.
madwimax-20110404 (git) Makefile
0001-libusb-1.0-add-001-timerfd.patch-to-fix-timerfd-issu.patch (1.9 KB) - added by lasaine@… 7 years ago.
patch that fixes the issue
madwimax-git-openwrt.tar (10.0 KB) - added by Noel Maersk <veox@…> 5 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (8)

Changed 7 years ago by veox@…

madwimax-20110404 (git) Makefile

comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by veox

The Makefile above is my first, so has some code crumbs. The package built with it seems to work OK, but 'madwimax -V' reports version '0.1.1' instead of '0.1.1-gitstuff', since there's no git repo in the directory where it's being built on the host.

comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by veox

NOTE on the different device IDs in the original report: they are not from my system, they're copied from another person on madwimax's issue tracker. But error messages are exactly the same.

Changed 7 years ago by lasaine@…

patch that fixes the issue

comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by anonymous

I've just attached a patch that workarounds the issue. It's against 'packages' repo. Note that this the real fix would be in uClibc. I'm going to push it to uClibc folks when it's ready.

comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by Noel Maersk <veox@…>

I've finally gotten to test this patch (it is in trunk), and 'madwimax-git' works with it. Guess this can be marked as solved.

I'll attach an archive with the Makefile and files I used to compile 'madwimax-git', in case someone else wants to use it. Note I've simply replaced the original 'madwimax' (0.1.1) package. It would require tweaks to be brought up-to-standards for inclusion.

Changed 5 years ago by Noel Maersk <veox@…>

comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by jow

  • Milestone changed from Attitude Adjustment 12.09 to Barrier Breaker 14.07

Milestone Attitude Adjustment 12.09 deleted

Add Comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as new .
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.