Modify

Opened 11 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

#2073 closed defect (fixed)

Kamikaze Repeater Quit Working on Atheros after Upgrade to 7.06

Reported by: anonymous Owned by: developers
Priority: normal Milestone:
Component: packages Version:
Keywords: Cc:

Description

This repeater configuartion quit working after upgrade to 7.06. It workied on rev 6279. I have updated to rev 7940 and the problem persists. This configuration always transmits on channel 2 regardless of configured channel.

config wifi-device wifi0

option type atheros
option channel 1

config wifi-iface

option device wifi0
option mode sta
option ssid Pinto
option encryption wep
option key 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
option txpower 12

config wifi-iface

option device wifi0
option network lan
option mode ap
option ssid Paint
option hidden 0
option encryption wep
option key 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

Attachments (0)

Change History (6)

comment:1 follow-up: Changed 11 years ago by nbd

Please try the snapshot binaries from http://nbd.openwrt.org/kamikaze/7.07/

comment:2 Changed 11 years ago by criechers@…

I have not been able to try a newer version because my LS2 (ar2316) bricked on the latested images. Ubiquity removed the serial port so I'm blind.

More information: If I comment out the client station, the ap runs on channel one for a while then switches to channel two. If I comment out the channel and client then it starts up on channel two.

comment:3 in reply to: ↑ 1 Changed 11 years ago by anonymous

Replying to nbd:

Please try the snapshot binaries from http://nbd.openwrt.org/kamikaze/7.07/

I found the problem. In /root/trunk/packages/madwifi/files/lib/wifi/madwifi.sh the channel is being set to zero (invalid) before the interface is brought up. Inserting the correct channel as follows fixes the problem.

106c106
< iwconfig "$ifname" channel 0 >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
---

iwconfig "$ifname" channel "$channel" >/dev/null 2>/dev/null

comment:4 Changed 10 years ago by MMCM

Your patch fixes the channel 2 problem with madwifi using sta mode too.
nbd: Please include it into trunk!

comment:5 Changed 10 years ago by anonymous

Please fix this. I have spent hours trying to debug the weird symptoms that are created when changing to channel 0. It basically causes the cards to go into an indeterminate state for some period of time. AP and STA modes do not work for me until the above fix is made.

AFAIK madwifi is broken without this being fixed.

comment:6 Changed 10 years ago by nbd

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

fixed in [8681]

Add Comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as closed .
The resolution will be deleted. Next status will be 'reopened'.
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.