Modify

Opened 3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago

Last modified 3 years ago

#18873 closed defect (fixed)

barrier_breaker './scripts/feeds update -a' fails - Also happens to trunk.

Reported by: trfillos Owned by: developers
Priority: normal Milestone: Barrier Breaker 14.07
Component: packages Version: Barrier Breaker 14.07
Keywords: Cc:

Description

Hello,
I have checkout the barrier_breaker repository (rev. 44162).
When I run './scripts/feeds update -a' the script ends with an error:
[trfillos@Fedora21 barrier_breaker]$ ./scripts/feeds update -a
Updating feed 'packages' from 'https://github.com/openwrt/packages.git;for-14.07' ...
Cloning into './feeds/packages'...
remote: Counting objects: 1268, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (1074/1074), done.
remote: Total 1268 (delta 36), reused 1077 (delta 28)
Receiving objects: 100% (1268/1268), 780.11 KiB | 660.00 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (36/36), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
Create index file './feeds/packages.index'
Collecting package info: done
Updating feed 'luci' from 'https://github.com/openwrt/luci.git;luci-0.12' ...
Cloning into './feeds/luci'...
remote: Counting objects: 3228, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (2125/2125), done.
remote: Total 3228 (delta 948), reused 2493 (delta 564)
Receiving objects: 100% (3228/3228), 3.68 MiB | 1.22 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (948/948), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
Create index file './feeds/luci.index'
Collecting package info: done
Updating feed 'routing' from 'https://github.com/openwrt-routing/packages.git;for-14.07' ...
Cloning into './feeds/routing'...
remote: Counting objects: 243, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (210/210), done.
remote: Total 243 (delta 9), reused 176 (delta 5)
Receiving objects: 100% (243/243), 193.62 KiB | 348.00 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (9/9), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
Create index file './feeds/routing.index'
Collecting package info: done
Updating feed 'telephony' from 'https://github.com/openwrt/telephony.git;for-14.07' ...
Cloning into './feeds/telephony'...
remote: Counting objects: 160, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (144/144), done.
remote: Total 160 (delta 14), reused 111 (delta 2)
Receiving objects: 100% (160/160), 92.87 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (14/14), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
Create index file './feeds/telephony.index'
Collecting package info: done
Updating feed 'management' from 'https://github.com/openwrt-management/packages.git;for-14.07' ...
Cloning into './feeds/management'...
remote: Counting objects: 29, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (19/19), done.
remote: Total 29 (delta 3), reused 21 (delta 2)
Unpacking objects: 100% (29/29), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
Create index file './feeds/management.index'
Collecting package info: done
Updating feed 'oldpackages' from 'http://git.openwrt.org/14.07/packages.git' ...
Cloning into './feeds/oldpackages'...
remote: Counting objects: 3763, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (3135/3135), done.
remote: Total 3763 (delta 119), reused 3763 (delta 119)
Receiving objects: 100% (3763/3763), 3.13 MiB | 1.25 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (119/119), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
Create index file './feeds/oldpackages.index'
grep: feeds/oldpackages/Binary: No such file or directory
grep: file: No such file or directory
grep: matches/Makefile: No such file or directory
Collecting package info: feeds/oldpackages/libs/eventloggmake: * No rule to make target 'feeds/oldpackages/Binary', needed by '/home/trfillos/WorkDisk/barrier-breaker-WR703N/barrier_breaker/feeds/oldpackages.tmp/info/.packageinfo-Binary'. Stop.

I have also tested the trunk subversion (rev 44245).
I have enabled the feed for oldpackages at feeds.conf.default and I have exactly the same result as before.
I guess something is wrong with the oldpackages feed.

Attachments (0)

Change History (5)

comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by trfillos

OK,
The problem starts from a grep bug at V2.21 which treats ISO-8859 text files as if they are bin.

What triggers the bug is the encoding of the file '/feeds/oldpackages/libs/clearsilver/Makefile'.

So can someone please upload it to trunk with utf8 encoding to solve the problem?

The quick and dirty solution of course is:

  1. save the file with utf8 encoding locally.
  2. /scripts/feeds update -a
  3. /scripts/feeds install -a

comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by anonymous

bug #18538 is about this issue, but that bug has not got any attention. And as this bug has better explanations, probably the other should be marked as a duplicate of this one.

Additionally the problem has been discussed at https://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2014-December/029866.html

comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by nico

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

Fixed in [44250], thanks!

comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by nico

Backported to BB in [44251], thanks!

Add Comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as closed .
The resolution will be deleted. Next status will be 'reopened'.
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.