Modify

Opened 4 years ago

Last modified 3 years ago

#14616 new defect

Wrong parsing modelname

Reported by: anonymous Owned by: developers
Priority: low Milestone: Chaos Calmer 15.05
Component: base system Version: Trunk
Keywords: Cc:

Description

The modelname of my WNDR3700v2 is set as "NETGEAR NDR3700v2" in /tmp/sysinfo/model and luci web interface. Is this done intentioanlly?
I am using trunk r39056.

Attachments (0)

Change History (11)

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by hnyman <hannu.nyman@…>

Works ok for me:

BARRIER BREAKER (Bleeding Edge, r39043)
...
root@OpenWrt:~# cat /tmp/sysinfo/model
NETGEAR WNDR3700v2

The text is also ok in Luci:

Model NETGEAR WNDR3700v2

What build are you using? Where have you got it? Built it by yourself?

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by anonymous

In /lib/ar71xx.sh change model=$(ar71xx_get_mtd_offset_size_format art 56 10 %c) to
model=$(ar71xx_get_mtd_offset_size_format art 55 10 %c)

comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by hnyman <hannu.nyman@…>

Do you have a modified art partition in your router?

In my wndr3700v1 and v2 the type name is filled with 0xFF characters, just like the function expects.
http://nbd.name/gitweb.cgi?p=openwrt.git;a=blob;f=target/linux/ar71xx/base-files/lib/ar71xx.sh;hb=276ccbb21f111a7f481af0c38cf2c1e767311936#l27

And in my wndr3800 the text WNDR3800 starts at offset 56, like in the function.

comment:4 Changed 4 years ago by anonymous

Changing the offset doesn't have any effect at all.

comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by anonymous

I have never modified my art partition - at least not intentionally.

comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by anonymous

I just looked into my art partition. 56 is the offset.

comment:7 Changed 4 years ago by anonymous

I replaced the art partition with the one from this thread
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=40589
and this solved the problem!

comment:8 Changed 3 years ago by teppot@…

I'm seeing this too with r42625. Changing the offset doesn't help and I haven't modified the art partition.

comment:9 Changed 3 years ago by teppot@…

Also, in addition to the W disappearing, there is also a garbage character at the end:

0000000 N E T G E A R sp N D R 3 7 0 0 v
0000020 2 del nl
0000023

comment:10 Changed 3 years ago by anonymous

I'm also having this issue. The name is wrong on my model which I updated from Kamikaze to Barrier Breaker.

I also have two more models of the same router. These are flashed directly from the stock firmware to Barrier Breaker and they have the model name spelled correctly.

comment:11 Changed 3 years ago by hnyman

The issue concerns mainly "newest" 3700v2 routers.
Fixed in CC trunk by r45140
Discussion/explanations also at duplicate bug #18992

Add Comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as new .
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.