Modify

Opened 5 years ago

Closed 2 years ago

#13467 closed defect (fixed)

TP-Link TL-WR741ND 2.4 ethernet stops working after some time

Reported by: paulo.fidalgo.pt@… Owned by: developers
Priority: normal Milestone: Barrier Breaker 14.07
Component: kernel Version: Trunk
Keywords: Cc:

Description

I've been experiencing this for a while. If i leave a pc with a torrent client connected after a while all my ethernet connected devices will stop working, even DHCP requests are "ignored", but WIFI is still working correctly including the DHCP requests.

My dmesg messages are flooded with these messages:

[155788.010000] eth0: tx timeout
[155788.010000] eth0: link down
[155788.020000] br-lan: port 1(eth0) entered disabled state
[155788.450000] eth0: link up (1000Mbps/Full duplex)
[155788.460000] br-lan: port 1(eth0) entered listening state
[155788.470000] br-lan: port 1(eth0) entered listening state
[155790.470000] br-lan: port 1(eth0) entered learning state
[155792.470000] br-lan: topology change detected, propagating
[155792.470000] br-lan: port 1(eth0) entered forwarding state

My device has the version 2.4 and I'm using Attitude Adjustment (12.09 final). I've tried some daily images and the result is the same.
If you need more information please let me know.

Attachments (0)

Change History (10)

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by paulo.fidalgo.pt@…

I hope this trace could help the developer's find the root of the problem:

[603588.020000] ------------[ cut here ]------------
[603588.020000] WARNING: at net/sched/sch_generic.c:256 0x802019f0()
[603588.030000] NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0 (ag71xx): transmit queue 0 timed out
[603588.030000] Modules linked in: ath79_wdt ohci_hcd ledtrig_usbdev ledtrig_netdev nf_nat_irc nf_conntrack_irc nf_nat_ftp nf_conntrack_ftp ipt_MASQUERADE iptable_nat nf_nat pppoe xt_conntrack xt_CT xt_NOTRACK iptable_raw xt_state nf_conntrack_ipv4 nf_defrag_ipv4 nf_conntrack ehci_hcd pppox ipt_REJECT xt_TCPMSS ipt_LOG xt_comment xt_multiport xt_mac xt_limit iptable_mangle iptable_filter ip_tables xt_tcpudp x_tables ppp_async ppp_generic slhc ath9k(O) ath9k_common(O) ath9k_hw(O) ath(O) mac80211(O) usbcore usb_common nls_base crc_ccitt cfg80211(O) compat(O) arc4 aes_generic crypto_algapi ledtrig_timer ledtrig_default_on leds_gpio gpio_button_hotplug(O)
[603588.090000] Call Trace:[<80284158>] 0x80284158
[603588.100000] [<80284158>] 0x80284158
[603588.100000] [<80071a0c>] 0x80071a0c
[603588.100000] [<802019f0>] 0x802019f0
[603588.110000] [<80071ac0>] 0x80071ac0
[603588.110000] [<81be0e4c>] 0x81be0e4c
[603588.110000] [<802019f0>] 0x802019f0
[603588.120000] [<801d82b0>] 0x801d82b0
[603588.120000] [<80201880>] 0x80201880
[603588.120000] [<8007c52c>] 0x8007c52c
[603588.130000] [<80077038>] 0x80077038
[603588.130000] [<80077248>] 0x80077248
[603588.130000] [<800630ec>] 0x800630ec
[603588.140000] [<800a85e0>] 0x800a85e0
[603588.140000] [<8007747c>] 0x8007747c
[603588.150000] [<800630ec>] 0x800630ec
[603588.150000] [<800632c0>] 0x800632c0
[603588.150000] [<80095320>] 0x80095320
[603588.160000] [<800a8280>] 0x800a8280
[603588.160000] [<80064b28>] 0x80064b28
[603588.160000] [<800632e0>] 0x800632e0
[603588.170000] [<802f28b4>] 0x802f28b4
[603588.170000] [<80318850>] 0x80318850
[603588.170000] [<802f20dc>] 0x802f20dc
[603588.180000]
[603588.180000] ---[ end trace 149e199795ebc096 ]---

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by user334

Same problem on device version 1.4 on Attitude Adjustment 12.09

comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by user334

Part of the syslog at the moment of trouble: http://pastebin.com/w6e8Zr2K

comment:4 Changed 4 years ago by jow

  • Milestone changed from Attitude Adjustment 12.09 to Barrier Breaker 14.07

Milestone Attitude Adjustment 12.09 deleted

comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by fidalgo

With the latest release I've still have this bug.

I've gathered a full dmesg and I will leave it here: http://pastebin.com/5XYENKY0

If you guys need more help to debug this issue, please let me know and I will try to help.

comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by wheat0r

Same here.
buffalo whr-hp-g300n with Barrier Breaker 14.07.
I have used dd-wrt before. Also get this problem.
No important event happened before this issue.
log here: http://pastebin.com/auA4cePx

comment:7 Changed 3 years ago by anonymous

I faced the same problem and what helped was to reduce the maximum number of connections in utorrent client.

comment:8 Changed 2 years ago by arch_saint

There is a solution - check your cables and network cards. I used twisted pair with bad connectors and got this problem really often, but on stock firmware everything was good. I decided to try another twisted pair, and also changed my network card (just to be sure). So I use it couple of days and everything works great.

comment:9 Changed 2 years ago by psyke83

Should be fixed. See bug #18922.

comment:10 Changed 2 years ago by nbd

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

Add Comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as closed .
The resolution will be deleted. Next status will be 'reopened'.
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.