Modify

Opened 5 years ago

Closed 5 years ago

#12340 closed defect (fixed)

Missing package kmod-ltq-dsl-ar9_3.3.8+3.24.4.4-3_lantiq.ipk inside firmware

Reported by: valeriomel Owned by: blogic
Priority: normal Milestone: Chaos Calmer 15.05
Component: packages Version: Trunk
Keywords: wbmr Cc:

Description

I compile a new firmware for follow hardware:
target system: lantiq gpon/xway/svip
subtarget: ar9
target profile: WBMR - Buffalo WBMR-HP-G300H)
In "kernel modules" -> "network device" I select kmod-ltq-dsl-ar9 and kmod-ltq-dsl-firmware-a-ar9

All it's selected as build-in (not as module)
Inside firmware miss the package kmod-ltq-dsl-ar9

Attachments (1)

conf.tar (72.5 KB) - added by anonymous 5 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (13)

comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by valeriomel

I install the package with opkg, after I configure my adsl connection in /etc/config/network:

config adsl-device 'adsl'

option fwannex 'a'
option annex 'a2p'

config atm-bridge

option unit '0'
option atmdev '0'
option encaps 'llc'
option payload 'bridged'
option vci '35'
option vpi '8'

config interface 'wan'

option proto 'pppoe'
option ifname 'nas0'
option username 'user'
option password 'pass'

I have this log from pppd:

Plugin rp-pppoe.so loaded.
RP-PPPoE plugin version 3.8p compiled against pppd 2.4.5
Send PPPOE Discovery V1T1 PADI session 0x0 length 12

dst ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff src 0:0:1:0:0:0
[service-name] [host-uniq 00 00 42 9a]

Send PPPOE Discovery V1T1 PADI session 0x0 length 12

dst ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff src 0:0:1:0:0:0
[service-name] [host-uniq 00 00 42 9a]

Send PPPOE Discovery V1T1 PADI session 0x0 length 12

dst ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff src 0:0:1:0:0:0
[service-name] [host-uniq 00 00 42 9a]

Timeout waiting for PADO packets
Unable to complete PPPoE Discovery

comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by valeriomel

I compiled the release r33867, with the command dsl_cpe_control I have the follow output:

# /sbin/dsl_cpe_control -i -n /sbin/dsl_notify.sh -f /lib/firmware/dsl-fw-a.bin
DSL_CPE: using script notification file - /sbin/dsl_notify.sh
DSL_CPE: using 1st firmware file - /lib/firmware/dsl-fw-a.bin
DSL_CPE: Device /dev/dsl_cpe_api opened successfully
DSL_CPE: ADSL Firmware WHAT String 4.4.4.0.0.1
DSL_CPE: Already initialized - ignoring '-i' option!

comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by anonymous

remove this line -> option annex 'a2p' and try again

comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by anonymous

I compiled the same image just a few hours ago. I can't confirm that bug. I think there are conflicting packages. The standard build works fine for me.

comment:5 Changed 5 years ago by anonymous

I have removed the line "option annex 'a2p'" from /etc/config/network, but I have the same effect, I transmit something and I don't receive nothing.
I would like a know a way to debug all, some command line for troubleshooting.

comment:6 Changed 5 years ago by ppvazquezfer@…

More or less the same problem with te arv4518pw (Danube) with r33886:

root@OpenWrt:/lib/firmware# /sbin/dsl_cpe_control -i -n /sbin/dsl_notify.sh -f
lib/firmware/dsl-fw-a.bin
DSL_CPE: using script notification file - /sbin/dsl_notify.sh
DSL_CPE: using 1st firmware file - /lib/firmware/dsl-fw-a.bin
DSL_CPE: Device /dev/dsl_cpe_api open failed!

In r31732 it works ok:
[ 9.036000] IFX MEI Version 5.00.00
[ 9.064000]
[ 9.064000] Infineon CPE API Driver version: DSL CPE API V3.24.4.4
[ 9.100000] ATM (A1) firmware version 1.0.19
[ 9.100000] ifxmips_atm: ATM init succeed

¿More info and/or tests needed?

comment:7 Changed 5 years ago by SERASER

Same problem with arv7519

comment:8 Changed 5 years ago by anonymous

I can verify the problem with the missing package in firmware.
I think this is caused by the bug in Ticket #12317.
After applying the patch from Ticket #12317, the package was included in my firmware image.

comment:9 Changed 5 years ago by anonymous

I can confirm the missing file problem. I will try the patch in Ticket 12317.

comment:10 Changed 5 years ago by valeriomel

Sorry for the noise, I have removed the line "option annex 'a2p' and now works well, maybe the first time there was some disturb in my dsl connection.
Anyway missing packages again. Thank all.

Changed 5 years ago by anonymous

comment:11 Changed 5 years ago by blogic

  • Owner changed from developers to blogic
  • Status changed from new to assigned

comment:12 Changed 5 years ago by blogic

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

please retest with latest trunk, problem should be fixed now

Add Comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as closed .
The resolution will be deleted. Next status will be 'reopened'.
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.