Modify

Opened 6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago

Last modified 4 years ago

#10722 closed defect (worksforme)

There is a problem with initialization of switch on Ubiquity RSPro

Reported by: Levon Avagyan <levon.avagyan@…> Owned by: developers
Priority: response-needed Milestone: Barrier Breaker 14.07
Component: packages Version: 10.03.1
Keywords: AR8316, switch Cc:

Description

Hi devs,

I have a problem with my ubiquity Router Station Pro.
Few resent releases had problems with integrated AR8316 switch proper initialization. I've tried 10.03, 10.03.1 RC3-6, countless trunk versions and finally the latest stable 10.03.1 .
All of them had following:

After booting the switch did not initialized as expected, every time it was showing both eth0 and eth1 but Rx counters were 0. Sometimes eth0 was problematic, sometimes eth1, and sometimes both of them.

As the output from console is quite long I will put it in pastebin.

Case 1 eth1 is not working

http://pastebin.com/7jtsH9MV

After soft reboot (reboot command from the shell):

Case 2 eth0 is not working

I can see from output lines containing:

eth0: link up (100Mbps/Full duplex)

but it should be 100Mbps/Full.

Also I have noticed that swconfig shows that this time switch initialized as Atheros AR8216 http://pastebin.com/w160a4Vy

Finally Case 3

After few more soft reboots it is finally working as expected http://pastebin.com/qM9vbFPK .

This output I took when running the latest 10.03.1 version. Here is similar output from 10.03.1 RC6 http://pastebin.com/AMxZeCdW .

Thank You.

Attachments (0)

Change History (11)

comment:1 in reply to: ↑ description ; follow-up: Changed 6 years ago by Levon Avagyan <levon.avagyan@…>

Sorry my mistake, eth0 should be 1000Mbps/Full in Case 2.

comment:2 in reply to: ↑ 1 Changed 6 years ago by Levon Avagyan <levon.avagyan@…>

Replying to Levon Avagyan <levon.avagyan@…>:

Sorry my mistake, eth0 should be 1000Mbps/Full in Case 2.

Just upgraded to latest trunk version and seen new case:

No interfaces under ifconfig (except lo) and during boot found following:

[    3.050000] eth0: Atheros AG71xx at 0xb9000000, irq 4                                                                                                     
[    3.360000] eth0: no PHY found with phy_mask=00000010                                                                                                     
[    4.000000] eth0: Atheros AG71xx at 0xba000000, irq 5                                                                                                     
[    4.300000] eth0: no PHY found with phy_mask=0000000f                                                                                                     
[    4.320000] Atheros AR71xx hardware watchdog driver version 0.1.0

comment:3 follow-up: Changed 6 years ago by jow

Did you ever run "make target/linux/clean" between your updates? Without that, updated ar71xx mach and driver files are never recompiled.

comment:4 in reply to: ↑ 3 Changed 6 years ago by Levon Avagyan <levon.avagyan@…>

Replying to jow:

Did you ever run "make target/linux/clean" between your updates? Without that, updated ar71xx mach and driver files are never recompiled.

Thank you for reply.
I am using precompilled versions from http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/ so doesn't matter.

comment:5 follow-up: Changed 6 years ago by jogo

To be honest, this rather looks like a faulty board/connections.

Does the Bootloder (RedBoot) always correctly detect the switch? Does it always work in RedBoot?

Can you post the full bootlog (including the bootloader) from a boot where the switch does not work?

comment:6 in reply to: ↑ 5 Changed 6 years ago by Levon Avagyan <levon.avagyan@…>

Replying to jogo:

To be honest, this rather looks like a faulty board/connections.

Does the Bootloder (RedBoot) always correctly detect the switch? Does it always work in RedBoot?

How can i check if the interfaces are initializing in RedBoot? What should i execute?

Can you post the full bootlog (including the bootloader) from a boot where the switch does not work?

Here is the output with eth1 not working: http://pastebin.com/zghRba3x
And here with both interfaces working: http://pastebin.com/FN6bgHMj

I will try to capture situation with both interfaces not working and will update.

Anyway thank You for reply.

comment:7 Changed 6 years ago by jogo

[    0.000000] Clocks: CPU:800.000MHz, DDR:400.000MHz, AHB:200.000MHz, Ref:40.000MHz

I see you have overclocked your RS Pro. Please revert to stock speed and check if the problem persists.

comment:8 follow-up: Changed 6 years ago by jogo

  • Priority changed from high to response-needed

comment:9 in reply to: ↑ 8 Changed 6 years ago by Levon Avagyan <levon.avagyan@…>

Replying to jogo:
Seems like You are right, after changing CPU speed to 720 I am not observing this issue.
Thank You.

comment:10 Changed 6 years ago by nbd

  • Resolution set to worksforme
  • Status changed from new to closed

comment:11 Changed 4 years ago by jow

  • Milestone changed from Attitude Adjustment 12.09 to Barrier Breaker 14.07

Milestone Attitude Adjustment 12.09 deleted

Add Comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as closed .
The resolution will be deleted. Next status will be 'reopened'.
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.